Thursday, March 19, 2009

Count Your Blessings


These were the words that David left me with as he walked out the door to work in Texas this week. It's no secret how down I have felt because I still don't feel well. No voice, no energy, and this diabetic diet.....YUCK! But his words triggered a memory of my mom, sending me to my room with those exact same words! It might surprise you all, but when I was younger I was quite the pouter (not really a surprise huh?)! Mom took it one step farther though, (I'm sure David would have too if he dared), she had me write a list of the things I was grateful for before I could leave my room. I couldn't leave my room until I had enough things written down on my list. So I have come to my room and, I'm making the list, THANKS MOM!

2 comments:

KLE50 said...

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling better. And that you're not fond of the diabetic diet. Hang in there...it's just a balancing act that gets easier as time goes by. I've learned to compromise A LOT...no biscuit so I can have Mom's scalloped potatoes, etc. I love you and am thinking of you.

Tanji Miner said...

I love and miss you! Have a good day! Still absolutely loving my room! Thank you!

Just Us Forever!


Slideshow

Contributors