Monday, April 20, 2009

From a Grateful Heart

Easter didn't seem much like a holiday to me this year....no colored Easter eggs, no peanut butter or marshmallow Easter eggs with my name on them, no hidden Easter baskets or children running around the house looking for plastic eggs either. I felt pretty sad. After church I moped around and sat on the couch, and then fixed hot dogs for lunch...where was the ham, the potato salad, the desserts? MY FAMILY? And then I remembered what one of the Sisters at church had said when I asked her how she got Easter done, and enjoyed what the Easter bunny had brought before she needed to be in the library @ 8:30 am....she just looked at me and said "oh, the Easter Bunny always visits our house on Saturday. Sunday is the Lord's day". I am ashamed to say that in missing my family so much....I missed the celebration of His Resurrection too.

The picture above is of the beautiful sunrise David and I shared on Easter morning. With each beautiful sunrise, I want to remember that my Savior lives. He died and was resurrected for me. Jesus Christ our elder brother came to earth and did what he promised to do. He suffered for my sins, and still loves me....even if I pouted about missing my family and chocolate eggs!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Hey Pam,
It was so good to hear from you. I am sure you must miss your family so much! I have been talking to your Mom & Dad, and it has been wonderful to keep in touch. They are such good people. (Sorry this is getting so long) I have been following your blog and your kids blog, it has been fun. Are you feeling better? Your Mom said you hadn't been feeling well. Anyway, good to hear from you. I do still consider you guys my family, ya know. Miss ya! Please keep in touch and hope all is well.
Your house looks beautiful. Are you happy there?
Hugs . . . Sherri

Just Us Forever!


Slideshow

Contributors